- Poppy Detox
- Jim Hogshire's method for detoxing by using dried poppies.
- Improving Methadone Detox
- Methadone clinics can end the 2 mg cliff at the end of a 21-day
- Buprenorphine Detox
- The buprenorphine detox is probably the most painless of the
detox options. For the last couple of years in the United States,
it has the added benefit of being available through private doctors.
- Boredom is often a primary cause of someone becoming addicted
to heroin. It is also likely to make staying off hard.
- After the Detox
- Kicking dope is just the first part of "kicking dope" read
about how to stay off heroin once you've given it up.
- Professional Detox
- Just because you have a "professional" detoxing you, doesn't
mean you can just follow along and do what you're told. The
more you know, the better, less-pain, more effective detox
you will receive.
- Methadone Drug Interactions
- Many drugs can affect the level of methadone in the body.
- Estimating Your Habit
- It can be very difficult to estimate the amount of heroin
you do each day because of all the
that dealers do. This article provides an easy way to determine
how much heroin you are doing--a critical bit of knowledge when
you are trying to ween yourself from heroin using another opioid
- Pill ID
- This is an interface for the RX-List pill imprint database
which allows you to identify pills. This is one of the greatest
- Withdrawal Syndrome
- This is an overview of what the body goes through during withdrawal.
- How Bad?
- There will likely be little discomfort from a gradual
- Methadone Self-Detox
- Part 1: Using a Clinic
- Part 2: Detox without a Clinic
- Part 3: Acquiring Methadone
- Part 4: Maintenance
- A four article series about how to use methadone to detox.
The first article is about how to use a clinic methadone detox
to the best advantage. The second is on how to circumvent the
clinic. The third article follows directly by discussing how
to acquire methadone outside the clinic system.
The last article discusses how to best use methadone maintenance
- Detox Nightmares
- Part 1: Detox Nightmares
- Part 2: Ibogaine
- Part 3: Antagonist
- Part 4: Detox Options
This collection of articles deals with some of the problems that
can occur when a patient allows his healthcare provider too much
power over him. Knowledge is the key. Read. Read.
- Codeine Detox
- Weening with Codeine
- Acquiring Codeine
The first article shows how to detox yourself by switching from
heroin to codeine and then slowly weening yourself from the codeine.
The information could be transferred to any other opioid. The second
article explains the procedure for removing aspirin and caffeine from
codeine-containing pills that are available over the counter in Canada,
the United Kingdom, and other "progressive" nations. See the
chemistry section for
- Acupuncture is used to treat heroin withdrawal symptoms. Although
the manner it which it is helpful is unclear, it certainly helps.
Acupuncture is known to be an effective pain reliever. Do not
think, however, that acupuncture alone is an effective detox treatment.
- McDermott's Do-It-Yourself Detox
- This article provides a good over-view of the process of
detoxing yourself. It does not contain any information on the
detox itself, however. For example, there is no information
on drugs you will need to make the process bearable. The article
is focused on the psychological aspects of the process.
- The Recovery Board
- Rational Recovery
- SMART Recovery
- All You Need Know About NA
my books *
meta site *
frankly curious *