site map
angry
curious
worried
user
sick
bored
blog

Why Another Heroin Website?

Throughout the web, there are many websites that provide information about heroin. Why do we need Heroin Helper? Quite simply, because Heroin Helper is different. While 80% of the content on most sites is found on dozens of other sites. Heroin Helper provides more well-researched, original content than any of these sites.

What's more, Heroin Helper has an outlook that is radical. People choose to use heroin as well as not to use heroin. Sure, it appears that about 5% of the population will not be able to control their passions--whether this makes them compulsive gamblers or heroin users or politicians, it hardly matters. This is not an argument for stopping the other 95% of the population from access to the drug.

In 1960, one-third of all auto-racers ended their careers by dying in a racing crash. Improvements in technology have reduced the death rate to almost nothing. Had heroin been legal for the past 75 years, it too would be safer. Instead, current laws make the drug less safe, higher cost, and keep most users in the dark about how to use in the safest way.

Who Is Helper Helping

A couple times per week we get e-mail from someone who just discovered that a loved one is a heroin user--usually addicted. There is a striking similarity to these letters. As a result, we are getting better at answering them. But we are also getting better at using them. This group represents the greatest un-tapped resource in the fight against society's dehumanization of heroin users.

The reactions to the "outing" of a heroin using loved one is extreme. These people are usually terrified. They suffer as much as if they had learned the loved one had advanced cancer. The first thing we do is to calm them--to show them that things are not so horrible and that they can be an agent of positive change.

There are two main groups who use Heroin Helper, and they are about equal in size: heroin users and the loved ones of heroin users. We like to think we are helping another group: everyone. By providing honest information about heroin, we hope we are helping the world to using heroin and its users as scapegoats for the real problems of the world. Heroin users are hurt far more by the world than they ever could be by the drug.

by Dr. H © 2003
Last Modified: 14 January 2004


angry
curious
worried
user
sick
bored
blog