This section of the site contains stories about of lives of heroin users. Most of the stories of non-fiction, but some are not--they are labled.
- A Long Hard Day
- Getting arrested is just part of another long, hard day for a junkie.
- Another Shity Monday
- A humorous story about the desperation a junkie feels when
- San Francisco: Feb Something 1993
- A "day in the life" story of a junkie suffering from cotton fever and whatnot. This is a very well written story that has a transcendent truth.
- Attack in Portland
- A couple of desperate junkies make a plan and execute it. This is a very sad and frightening story. You might not want to read it if you are highly empathic.
- Just like everywhere else, police enforcement of drug laws have only made things worse in Philadelphia.
- This is my own personal experience with a user who was intent on killing himself. You can't help everyone--even people who you love (and I didn't love this guy).
- Not Black
- Sometimes it can be hard not being black when you're a junkie.
- Smack in the Middle of Israel
- A young man leaves the United States to kick dope in Israel with its easy availability of high quality dope at low cost.
- Portland Is Swimming in Dope
- Portland is the number two heroin city in the United States, after New York. The writer shows a good example.
- A Bad Time with Ibogaine
- A woman finds that ibogaine is not all she had hoped in her quest for a clean life.
- Slow Down
- Some things in life should not be rushed--like a detox.